Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Neighbor #1 - Unknown Architect


10914 Willowisp Drive


My next door neighbor's house is just about impossible to shoot a photo of, but I swear to you, there's an amazing house in there! What you're looking at is the ivy covered garage. The front door is to the left of that, but it's pretty hidden. To the left of the front door is a wall that hides the courtyard and swimming pool. A wall of glass faces the pool. The house is very Miesian with a Neutra flair to it. Minor alterations have been done to the interior of the house, but the kitchen is original and will serve as the inspiration for us if/when we do our kitchen back to the 50's. It also has terrazzo flooring. The rumor on the architect of this house is that Jenkins's students or people that worked for him designed it. I'm hoping I can find out someday. When I do I think I'll put it on Houstonmod.org. Or I may just go ahead and do it without the architect's name... Sure would like to figure out a good angle to get a photo of the house. Well, I guess you hardly ever see the Stahl house from the front do you?

No comments: